A direct appointment
position is a high level, specialized professional Position for which academic credentials and total accumulated experience (or specialized experience) are import determinants for differentiating among Applicants, and:
- Has Minimum Qualifications requiring a Bachelor’s Degree or higher and a minimum of three years of work experience related to the Position,
- Is appointed by the CEO,
- Reports directly to the CEO or a Deputy CEO or reports to someone who is within two reporting levels of the CEO or a Deputy CEO as reflected on the CCHHS organizational charts,
- Is not covered by any CBA,
- Is exempt from career service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules and are at-will (unless the Employee in the Direct Appointment Position was hired prior to July 1, 2010 and was appointed to the Direct Appointment Position prior to March 12, 2013),
- Is responsible for the day-to-day performance of a high-level and specialized professional function, and
- Is not an Actively Recruited Position.
Direct Appointment Position List
The list of all Direct Appointment Positions, which may be amended from time to time pursuant to Section VIII.J., a current copy of which is attached as Exhibit 5.