The mission of the Cook County Health Department of Pharmacy is to facilitate, support, and demonstrate excellence and safety to those we serve in a respectful and professional manner.
We have a vision that the Cook County Health Department of Pharmacy will project the following characteristics:
- A department that practices responsiveness to the needs of our customers.
- A department that fosters a respectful, professional and caring atmosphere.
- A department that provides state of the art Pharmaceutical Care in a safe and cost effective manner.
- A department that has a staff that is motivated and works together as a team.
- A department that is committed to mentoring and training to enhance professional development.
Residency Mission Statement
The mission of the Pharmacy Residency Program is to offer the opportunities, instruction, and guidance to instill in graduates of ACPE accredited pharmacy schools superior skill and caring philosophy. This will provide additional patient care and public health services and improve medication use and drug distribution systems at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital.
Required Block Rotations
- Critical Care
- Medical ICU
- Burn ICU
- Surgical ICU
- Neurosurgical ICU
- Trauma ICU
- Internal Medicine
- Required Longitudinal Rotations
- Ambulatory Care – Anticoagulation plus (1) Diabetes, Family Medicine, HIV, or HepC
- Research (Major Project)
- Teaching and Learning
Elective Block Rotations
- Ambulatory Care – Stroger (Family Medicine, Anticoagulation, Diabetes)
- Ambulatory Care – CORE (HIV and HepC)
- Cardiology/Cardiac ICU
- Cermak Correctional Health Services
- Critical Care (additional)
- Emergency Medicine/Toxicology
- Infectious Diseases
- Transitions of Care
- Advanced experiences available for most rotations
Other electives may be made available based on resident interest.